Tue, 14 Jun, 2022
Strategy, Media Planning & Buying
Work for Slingshot, one of Australia’s Top 20 Best Places to Work.
Slingshot is a specialist agency in the most literal sense.
Many people believe that all agencies are essentially the same. And it is true, most are. While many of our agency services will be familiar, how we deliver them and the results they achieve, are refreshingly different.
It’s tough to define exactly what it takes to be a ‘Slinger’. There are common traits across all of us of course; we value empathy highly, we are candid, preferring to see the truth and speak the truth. We are a spirited bunch who are enormously invested in our clients, in the agency and in each other.
We were named the No.1 media agency that develops their people and talent in the latest Media-I survey. We were also voted the No.1 agency for culture. Most recently, we were listed as one of the Best Places to Work in 2021 by WRK+. We are very proud of these achievements.
The investment role is responsible for buying media activity on behalf of Slingshotand its clients. This will include TV, Digital, Radio, Print, Cinema & Outdoor, primarily TV.
The candidate will be required to work closely with the Media Investment Manager/Director and or Analyst, to ensure all campaigns go to market as planned and delivery is in line with booked parameters.
The employment contract is with Slingshot, but you will benefit from tool and training from both Slingshot and DAN.
What You Need to be Successful:
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to buy media across all mediums, especially TV and ideally digital
- Sound knowledge and experience across all buying systems and tools (ie BDM/Spectra, TV Map, Schedulizer, ETAM, Day8, DCM, IAS, Nielsen, Excel, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team
The Slingshot Difference
At Slingshot, we live by our values. They define what we stand for, how we work with our clients and partners, and how we interact with each other. They are the pulse of the company, our very own Slinger code.
Empathy: Walk a mile in their shoes.
Candour: Clear is kind.
Invested: In it with you, always.
Spirited: We love what we do and it shows.
What’s in it for You?
- Learning: A full day dedicated to learning and development each month. 5% of your time is dedicated to learning and development
- Working from home: Since 2019 (pre-COVID) ‘Slingers’ have had the freedom to choose 2 days a week to work from home coupled with all the technology to support them
- Work/Life Harmony: the workday finish time of 5:30 pm is actively practised and encouraged.
- Holidays: 20 days holiday and 3 days office closure between Christmas and New Year
If this fantastic role sounds like your next best move hit the Apply button below or call Jasmine on 0425 568 864 for more details.
At Slingshot, we work hard every single day to create a welcoming work environment. We’ve done our job well when everyone feels important, that their contribution matters and that they are able to perform to their full potential, regardless of background. We believe this makes for a better workplace.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political opinion, disability, marital status, crazy hair or any other protected class.